I’ve been asked by the provost office to share the following message with parents of cadets:
From: Parents Program
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:20 PM
Subject: CONVERSATIONS OVER THE HOLIDAYS
Dear Parents and Families of our Cadets,
We have had a remarkable semester. The largest freshman class on record, weathering Hurricane Matthew, earning the Southern Conference football championship, and being once again named the South’s #1 Public College in our category — I don’t think there is much more we could have fit in over the past few months! Your cadet has truly earned some time off to relax, recharge, and prepare for the Spring semester.
Conversations with your cadet about his or her future over the next few weeks are an important way to support their success. To facilitate these discussions, we have provided valuable information on The Adjutant page of the Parents’ Website. Please use these as conversation-starters with your cadet.
Success at The Citadel revolves around the four pillars of our leadership development program: Academics, Military, Physical Fitness and Moral/Ethical. Although these pillars serve as the basis for our learning environment, the concepts we teach are further reinforced in discussions at home with people they respect.
We hope you will visit our Adjutant page on the Parents’ Website and review the information provided for your cadet’s class. You’ll also want to note key dates for the Spring semester (provided below), which is shaping up to be as busy as the Fall! If we can assist you with any additional information or answer any questions you may have, please give us a call at 843-953-6088 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Finally, please be aware that The Citadel will be closed from 22 December through
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Key events Spring 2017:
· 8 January – The Corps returns
· 11 January – Classes resume
· 21 January – First Saturday Morning Inspection (SMI). (This is the first in a series that will culminate with the President’s Inspection on 18 February.)
· 28 February – Midterm Grading Period through 7 March
· 16-18 March – The Annual Leadership Symposium
· 17-19 March – Corps Day Weekend/Recognition Day
· 20-24 March – Physical Fitness and Height/Weight Assessments
· 24 March to 2 April – Spring Furlough
· 10-20 April – Advising and Registration for the Fall 2017 Term
· 14-16 April – Easter Weekend
· 26 April – Final Exams Begins
· 06 May – GRADUATION!